The first known cricket match arranged under the name of Roffey was played in May 1901 against Barns Green, a village some 5 miles from Horsham.
The venue was a temporary ground, which is now the site of Kingsmead Nursing Home.
Occasional matches were held during the next three years until the Roffey Cricket Club was formed in 1904. The inaugural meeting was held in the Norfolk Arms with W. Barnham in the chair.
The temporary ground, which was adjacent to the Norfolk Arms, was not totally suitable but continued to be used until 1908, when the Innes family offered the club the use of the present ground.
The first recorded building on the site was a wooden shed, erected as a changing room in the years before the First World War.
In 1932 the 3.3 acres of cricket field was left in trust to the people of Roffey in the memory of Colonel Innes who always appreciated the effort by the members in the high standard of care attributed to the ground.
The ground officially became the Innes Memorial Ground.
The club continued to expand both before and after the Second World War. A new wooden pavilion was completed for the 1957 cricket season and was subsequently extended in 1968/69.
Development of the current pavilion started in 1986 by building around the wooden structure, which was subsequently demolished from within. The most recent refurbishment took place in 1999.
League cricket came to Roffey in the mid 1970s when the club joined the Arun Valley League, which the club later won on five occasions before leaving to participate in the Sussex Invitation League in 1996.
Roffey were then invited to join the Sussex Cricket League for the 2001 season, marking an impressive rise through the ranks of Sussex league cricket.
The club now runs four league sides, a Sunday eleven, play in numerous cup competitions and run one of the most successful colts sections in Sussex.
Roffey Cricket Club are currently affiliated to Sussex County Cricket Club, the Club Cricket Conference, the North Sussex Cricket Association and the Sussex County Playing Fields Association.